DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 54 universities. The scholarship is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia. This program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 111 countries.
The main purpose of DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries. Parahyangan Catholic University is offering opportunities for foreign students under the program of Darmasiswa to study Indonesian cultures and language. The scholarship program at UNPAR will mainly focus on the study of Indonesian language. This study will provide students in getting prepared for their daily social demands. Additionally, it offers activities such as visiting some local areas as the access to enter Indonesian culture and to familiarize the students with Indonesian daily life.
QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENTS
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or it equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or other certificates if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia.
- Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Essay about the purpose of study (in English or Bahasa maximum 500 words)
For further information, please visit : https://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/
Important Schedules and Requirements:
UNPAR BIPA website : bipa.unpar.ac.id