You are currently on the page:

Frequently Asked Questions (Outbound)


Q: What is the BUD Program?

A: BUD Program or Be UNPAR’s Delegation is a recruitment program for UNPAR students to take part in international activities abroad. The students will have the opportunity to experience international exposure through a wide-range of programs provided by UNPAR’s partner universities. As the BUDes, students will represent UNPAR internationally, making new friends, and expanding their insights across cultural backgrounds.

Q: Do we need to pay for the tuition fee at the host university for the exchange program?

A: It depends on the host university. For our bilateral partner universities, you do not need to pay for the tuition fee at the host university as it will be waived. You will only need to pay the regular tuition fee payment at UNPAR.

Q: Can I use the TOEFL score from UNPAR?

A: For the internal selection process, you are allowed to use any TOEFL score, including from UNPAR. However, some universities sometimes require only IELTS scores or official TOEFL scores from certain institutions. Other than that, scholarship programs from Indonesian or foreign governments usually require the candidates to submit an official TOEFL/IELTS score. You must prepare yourself to get another test if needed.

Q: Will UNPAR be at service to help the outgoing students for their visa application?

A: Students are expected to independently apply for the visa. However, we can assist students to get certain documents if there are documents related to the university required during the visa application.

Q: Are there any offline opportunities?

A: Yes, several universities have conducted offline international programs. However, there are also universities that conduct their programs online or hybrid. Please see our instagram periodically to get updated information or reach out to IO staff for other queries.


Q: What if my GPA is lower than 3.00 (for Semester-based) or 2.75 (for Short Course)?

A: Students with GPA lower than 3.00 or 2.75 may apply with a recommendation letter from the Head of Study Program, but it also depends on the basic requirement from the host university.

Q: I’m in my final year and I’m doing my thesis. Can I still join the exchange program?

A: We would advise you to discuss the matter with your supervisor and Head of Study Program.

Q: Can I join the BUD after I have done my thesis?

A: Yes. However, you need to hold your position as an active student of UNPAR. For that to be done, you must complete the basic payment needed (UKPS + 2 credits). We advise you to talk to the head of administration of your faculty.

Credits Earning

Q: Can I transfer the credits from the host university to UNPAR’s SKS?

A: Yes. Before your departure to host university, you are ought to fill out the Learning Agreement. This agreement contains information for your study plan and credit transfer equivalent between Host and Home University and signed by the Head of Study Program. Thus, we advice you to talk to the head of study program regarding this.A: Students with GPA lower than 3.00 or 2.75 may apply with a recommendation letter from the Head of Study Program, but it also depends on the basic requirement from the host university.

Scholarship or Financial Support

Q: Is there any financial support from the International Office?

A: Yes, there is. The financial support granted by the International Office is partial and will be based on two determinants:

  1. UNPAR’s standard for each country, and
  2. The program you are engaged in (i.e. short program/ semester-based)
Q: Is there any scholarship from UNPAR or the host university?

A: Scholarship availability may vary from one university to another. UNPAR can only provide partial funding as elaborated in the previous question. Scholarship is more likely to be provided by the government or private sector.

For instance, in Australia, Cheung Kong Group collaborated with the Australian government to provide scholarships for educational exchange under the name “Cheung Kong Awards”. In South Korea, the government provides scholarships for incoming exchange students through the Global Korean Scholarship scheme. Recently, the Indonesian government has also provided scholarships for exchange students under the “International Indonesian Students Mobility Awards (IISMA)” and “International Credit Transfer (ICT)” schemes. For the information on the opening of scholarship applications, you should regularly check our social media.

Q: Can I independently apply for scholarships?

A: Yes. However, scholarships usually require nomination from home university. Once you are accepted at the host university, we are able to provide you with a nomination letter for your scholarship application. But, this condition does not apply to scholarships from the Indonesian government. For scholarships from the Indonesian government, there will be an internal selection process before we are able to give you a nomination letter.