More than 3,000 international students from more than 100 nations study at TU Dortmund University. Since its founding 47 years ago, TU Dortmund University has developed a special profile, encompassing 16 faculties ranging from science and engineering to social sciences and culture studies.
The university currently has circa 33,550 students and 6,200 staff members, including 300 professors. The university also ranked 35th on Germany best universities list. Here the international character of the university is a huge priority. To get more information about exchange program please visit:
TU Dortmund has several international exchange programs: ERASMUS and also Internaional Summer Program. Both programs are eligible for six months up to one year and available for both Graduate and Undergraduate students.
The possible faculties:
- Economics and Social Sciences
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
The following documents need to be uploaded in the online application form:
- Application for Accommodation, if you want the International Office to find accommodation for you.
- Letter of Motivation (app. one page) that gives us an idea of what you want to study at TU Dortmund University and why.
- Curriculum Vitae listed in tabular form.
- Language Certificate (If you will study in German, hand in a Language Certificate on your German language proficiency. If you will study in English, hand in a Language Certificate on your English language proficiency. You don’t have to take a TOEFL or an official German Language Test, but hand in anything that proofs how good your language skills are).
- Learning Agreement with the courses you are willing to take at TU Dortmund University.For further information related to the tuition fee and the program available you can go through this site
- Student Dormitory for one semester (6 months)
You will have to pay a deposit (320 EUR) before your arrival to the Studierendenwerk Dortmund so that the room can be reserved for you. The account information is included in the application for accommodation.
For every dorm room, the rent will be between app. 230,- und 370,- € per month
ISP (International Summer Program)
The ISP consists of two different tracks that you can choose classes from: Engineering and German and European Studies. In addition to or instead of the track-specific courses, you can also undertake a research project. All courses are in English, and you are encouraged to use this opportunity to acquire basic German language skills or to brush up your German competence in the mandatory German language course.
Credits will transfer directly to your home institution after the successful completion of the program. To successfully complete the International Summer program you will have to complete at least one of your chosen courses. For further information please visit:
If you are interested, please contact International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to our office