TIGA-I, in association with UNPAR and Strategic Review aims to attract the best Indonesian talent in essay writing.
The judges will be looking for dynamic, authoritative and lively essays in English of no more than 1,800 words. In keeping with the ethos of the sponsors, essays can address any topic in relation to Indonesia & Foreign Relations, (from politics, to hairstyles, music whatever!) the key component being quality writing.
The Competition is open to writers of Indonesian Nationality aged 18 to 35
The competition prizes are: –
Rp 5,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (print version)
Rp 3,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (electronic version)
Rp 2,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (electronic version)
+ invites to diplomatic and business meetings.
The deadline for entries is 15th April
Terms and Conditions
TIGA-IEssay Prize Competition (“Competition”)
- Terms & Conditions: By entering this Competition you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. The Competition shall be void where prohibited by local law. All national and local laws and regulations shall apply.
- Entrants: This Competition is open to anyone aged between 18 and 35 years as at midnight on 31st March 2017 except for employees or members of TIGA-I(‘Promoter’) or the Strategic Review or the University Parahyangan (UNPAR), their families and any other company connected with the Competition. The Promoter will only accept 1 (one) entry per entrant. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Dates: Essay entries will be accepted until midnight 15th april 2017 . The winning entrant and runners-up will be notified by the Promoter in the week beginning __________ 2017. The name of the winning entrant and runners-up will be announced and printed in the Strategic Review magazine, subject to their editorial opinion. If the prize is declined or unclaimed by the winner, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 3 business days of notification, a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion and will be notified by the Promoter. The original entry that was selected will then be forfeited
- Prizes: The following prizes shall be provided by the Promoter:
- Rp 5,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (print version)
- Rp 3,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (electronic version)
- Rp 2,000,000 plus Essay published in Strategic Review (electronic version)
- Copyright / Ownership: TIGA-Iwill own and retain any copyright in their entries.
- Entry Specifications: Entrants are advised to retain a copy of entries as the Promoter will be unable to return any submitted entry. Each entry must be:
(a) In English
(b) An original work of which the entrant is the author which has not been previously professionally or commercially published and is not in breach of any third party right
(c) Complete in itself; (i.e. not a fragment of a larger work)
(d) Submitted by email with the following specifications: double-spaced, set in 12-point type, with numbered pages.
6.1 Entrants are advised not to include their names on their essay. This is to ensure anonymity.
6.2 Entries shall be submitted by email to _______________
- Unacceptable Entries: Entries received after the closing date and/or which are not in accordance with the entry requirements set out at clause 6 will not be accepted.
- Warranties: By submitting an entry, you warrant to the Promoter that your entry is original to you, does not infringe copyright or any other intellectual property right and does not defame or invade the privacy rights of any third party, or infringe any other legal rights, regulations or laws.
- Events: Events may occur which render the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prizes or amend these Terms and Conditions with or without notice.
- Judges: The Competition judges will be looking for emerging talent and seek to identify writers who write with creativity and flair. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to their decisions or the Competition.
- Winning Entrant: The winning entrant and runners-up grant the Strategic Review and the Promoter all necessary and relevant licenses, Promoter’s use of their name in relation to publicity material. The Promoter and The Strategic Review each reserve the right to edit the winning and runners-up entries in respect of the above publication.
- Data: Personal details will only be retained and used by the Promoter for the purposes of this Competition and will be deleted thereafter. Personal details will not be passed on to third parties without prior written consent.
13.1 The result of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13.2 The Prize(s) are non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value if not otherwise stated.
13.3 The winner may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details.
13.3 The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Competition or for taking up the Prizes.
13.4 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law. Disputes arising in connection with this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.