A. About ACUCA
The Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia (ACUCA) was established in 1976, with the purpose of helping Christian institutions in the area.
ACUCA’s mission in to help institutions to:
- Develop and maintain their Christian character.
- Enrich the quality of their educational programs and those of the other institutions of learning.
- Re-examine the relevance of their objectives and programs in relation to the needs of a changing society.
Currently, ACUCA has sixty member institutions from eight Asian countries/regions: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand.
B. Student Mobility Scheme
The ACUCA Student Mobility Scheme (SMS) was established in 2002 with the aim of fostering intercultural understanding among participating members. Under this scheme, member institutions that have classes taught in English in either regular semester or summer session are invited to waive tuition to enable their students to study at an institution outside of their country for a semester or during the summer. Since the Student Mobility Scheme was introduced in 2002, more than 50 students benefited from this program.
Subsidies are also available to students who participate in the scheme.
C. Association of Christian Universities and Colleges In ASIA (ACUCA)
- Parahyangan Catholic University
- Petra Christian University
- Maranatha Christian University
- Soegijapranata Catholic University
- Atma Jaya Catholic University Yogyakarta
- Sanata Dharma University
- International Christian University
- Aoyama Gakuin University
- Kwansei Gakuin University
- Meiji Gakuin University
- Seinan Gakuin University
- Sophia University
- Sogang University
- Soongsil University
- Keimyung University
- Hannam University
- Handong Global University
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Central Philippine University
- De La Salle University
- Silliman University
- Trinity University of Asia
- Filamer Christian College
- Miriam College
- De La Salle University-Dasmarinas
- Asia-Pacific International University (former Mission College)
- Payap University
- Assumption University
- Christian University of Thailand
- Fu Jen Catholic University
- Soochow University
- Tunghai University
- Chung Yuan Christian University
- Providence University
- St. John’s University
- Chang Jung Christian University
- Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages
D. Application Steps for the ACUCA SMS
For students who are interested to apply for ACUCA SMS, fill the Student Exchange form and send it to email@example.com. Please find the deadline on our announcement board for Fall Application and Spring Application.
E. Types of Subsidies
There are two types of subsidies listed below. The participants can apply for both types of financial support.
Living Expenses Subsidy: From 300 to 500 USD per month*. The living cost will be provided 75% for the maximum period of 4 months.
Travel Subsidy: Up to 750 USD*
*These are indicative amounts and the final decision on the amount of a subsidy awarded to each applicant will made by the Executive Committee.
- Selection Process
After receiving their applications, the Executive Committee will decide the amount of airfare and living expenses subsidies for the student (s) within the limits of the budget.
- Payment Method
A bank check of the total amount of subsidy will be sent to the participant’s home institution. The stipend should be wired to each student by the home institution upon receipt of the bank check.
If you have any question about the application process, please contact the Secretariat at.
Super-highway Chiang Mai – Lumpang Road
Chiang Mai, 50000
Tel: +66 53 851-478 ext. 7212